Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 06:32:39 -0500
From:      "Paul Stewart (Premier Networks)" <paul@premier-networks.com>
To:        aunty <aunty@comcen.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MUA as shell for mail-only accounts?

The one thing regarding Pine and other programs such as tin is that they
have shell escapes that you must disable or else they can still access
the shell...

A friend of mine has a BBS (yes, still to this day) that user's connect
to via modem either terminal or PPP depending on what they want... in
the menu there are options such as TIN, Pine, etc. etc....

When the user selects the menu item it rlogin's them to the FreeBSD
server and passes their info onward.. then Pine in this case comes up
and there is no way to shell out etc..

Hope that helps,

Paul