Date:      Sat, 19 Oct 1996 20:52:29 -0400
From:      "Kevin P. Neal" <kpneal@pobox.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libc/db/hash hash_buf.c

At 09:05 PM 10/19/96 +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>It doesn't solve the problem in all cases.  A better and more complete
>fix would be to add an option to malloc that means "zero on free(3)"
>and set this in the programs affected.
>
>That would be more complete, more general and not make innocent
>programs suffer a potentially huge performance hit.

Hmmmmm. That's a neat idea. Mmmmmm.

(grabs pencil, makes note, tacks it to wall next to random phone numbers).

I'll have to remember that, it'll come in handy sometime.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Sophomore, Comp. Sci. \   kpneal@pobox.com
XCOMM  "Corrected!" -- Old Amiga tips file  \  kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu