Date:      Wed, 02 Dec 2009 09:07:33 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Increase in SSH attacks as of announcement of rtld bug

At 08:51 AM 12/2/2009, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>In message <200912021324.nB2DOc58001138@lava.sentex.ca>, Mike Tancsa writes:
> >At 07:51 AM 12/2/2009, Mohd Fazli Azran wrote:
>
> >The only way to deal with them I found [...]
>
>A very efficient measure:  Move your sshd to another port number.

As an ISP, this is not always an easy option :(   For some of our
hosts that have ssh open to the world for our travelling staff, we do
have it running on alternate ports. However, for a large and changing
customer base, it causes other support problems :(

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike@sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike