Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:08:59 -0700 (MST)
From:      Mike Holling <myke@fks.bt>
To:        Alex Povolotsky <tarkhil@over.ru>
Cc:        Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>, Heiko Schaefer <320048919767-0001@t-online.de>, <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: VideoCD and/or MPEG4 players for FreeBSD

> On my AMD-K6-300, it gives 100% frame loss. I.e. no picture except paused.
>
> Is it THAT slow? Or something deeply
> FreeBSD-of-that-exact-date-on-that-exact-CPU-related?

I get the same results on my K2-350 system.  I have one demo mpeg4 that
plays somewhat, and is almost viewable with sound disabled.  However none
of the movie trailer clips I've downloaded will play at all, except for
the sound.  I've had friends tell me their PII 400 systems work, maybe
there is a design difference between the CPUs that's crucial for this app?

- Mike