Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:14:32 -0500
From:      Tom Rhodes <darklogik@pittgoth.com>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Ceri <setantae@submonkey.net>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: handbook kernel configuration still uses manual maxusers

Robert Watson wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Tom Rhodes wrote:
>

>>Ceri wrote:

>>>This was done a while ago in revision 1.31, IIRC.
>>>
>>>Ceri
>>>

>>Actually, I am currently working on a new version of the handbook's
>>Kernel Configuration chapter, but when I got my hands on 4.5, I noticed
>>some differences that need to be noted.  Most likly I will wait until
>>4.5 has been released before I continue work, this way I can be sure we
>>have everything up to par.  Comments/suggestions?
>>

> If possible, I think it would be highly desirable to ship a version of the
> handbook with 4.5-RELEASE that includes documentation of at least a couple
> of the kernel configuration changes.  In particular, the maxusers change.
> Hopefully, we've gotten past the point where too many serious changes are
> going into 4.5, certainly ones relating to the user experience (cross
> fingers here).
>
> Robert N M Watson             FreeBSD Core Team, TrustedBSD Project
> robert@fledge.watson.org      NAI Labs, Safeport Network Services

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-doc" in the body of the message

Actually, having sup'd the sources, I have found it to be no real big
deal making the transition to 4.5  The only thing I have found a
problem, is the KDE source will not build (least not last week) and I
had to revert back to the older version of KDE and in turn screwed up my
ports (starting pkgdb -F) but that has nothing to do with the 4.5
release since the source came from kde.org.

I think the documentation may be a good idea, however, I think its the
time constraint that we would be facing...

--
Tom (Darklogik) Rhodes
www.Pittgoth.com Gothic Liberation Front