Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:58:25 -0500
From:      Brian Cully <shmit@kublai.com>
To:        N <niels@bakker.net>, Jeremy Shaffner <jer@jorsm.com>
Cc:        Tomasz Zin <tom@arka.mtl.pl>, Sandro Santos Andrade <sandro@compacto.nexos.com.br>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Simultaneous-Use directive in radiusd version 2.4.23C ...

On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 11:15:57AM +0100, N wrote:
> >> I suppose that only commercial version of radius support this feature.
> > Cistron.  Free. :)  cistron.nl I think.
>
> Actually, Merit's commercial RADIUS daemon can do it, so can Radiator
> (which is also commercial).  Cistron RADIUS (based loosely on Livingston
> RADIUS 1.16, the last free version released) uses SNMP to check whether a
> user is really logged in twice.  It's available from
> <URL:http://homepage.cistron.nl/~miquels/radius/>, but there is a port
> (net/radiusd-cistron) available.

I have some code that I wrote that does the same thing (even using SNMP
for verification). But it runs as a seperate process and communicates
with the RADIUS daemon over a UDP socket, so you need to make a
couple simple mods to your daemon to make it work.

It's all free, you can mail me if you want it.

--
Brian Cully						<shmit@rcn.com>
Macintosh -- we might not get everything right, but at least we