Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 14:21:28 -0500
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "Doug White" <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, "FreeBSD4Me" <fbsd@typhoon.co.jp>
Cc:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: turnkey floppy for large number of installations

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:47:09 -0800 (PST), Doug White wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, FreeBSD4Me wrote:
>
>> I want to create a turnkey/customized boot floppy so that
>> ANY ONE can install FreeBSD by just inserting the floppy and
>> the CDROM, without answering any questions.

Why would this be a "good" idea ??  Is everyone going to be using the
*same* type machine ??  Same video board?  This concept of "one idiot
button install" has a LOT of drawbacks for the end-user.  And they'll
blame FreeBSD.org, not you!

If your intent is to automate it for a common workstation
configuration, I understand.  But if your ultimate goal is along the
lines IBM/Microsuk went...

You certainly have a lot of gall, using FreeBSD in your email id.
Couldn't you be more creative??
Unix systems measure "uptime" in years, Winblows measures it in minutes.