Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:28:46 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVS logs question

I was browsing through the CVS logs this afternoon, and found the
following in cp/utils.c,v:

  revision 1.21
  date: 1998/11/18 11:47:45;  author: bde;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
  branches:  1.21.2;
  Don't use mmap() for non-regular files, since st_size is only meaningful
  for regular files.  This fixes recent breakage of cp'ing from /dev/zero.
  /dev/zero doesn't support mmap(), but the device driver mmap routines are
  not called for mapping 0 bytes, so the error was not detected.  mmap()
  can't even be used for cp'ing special files that support mmap(), since
  there is general way to determine the file size.

The last sentence is obviously missing a negation; I would guess it was
meant to be '..since there is no general way to determine the file size.'
                              ^^

However, I was wandering are we to correct such things in the logs, or
this seems like a useless thing to do?

- Giorgos Keramidas