Date:      Sun, 22 Aug 2021 22:17:35 +0200
From:      Ralf Mardorf <ralf-mardorf@riseup.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DKIM

On Sun, 22 Aug 2021 14:04:44 -0500, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
>I remember there was scroogle.[org or com?] which was doing similar
>thing, until the founder died ;-(

I started with Scroogle and after that used Startpage a lot. Some of my
browsers still open with Startpage, but I tend to migrate more and
more to Google.

By default Startpage's family filter is enabled. It seems to be
possible to use a special URL to keep the settings, when deleting
cookies. Sometimes the family filter is an issue, even when using
non-offensive Linux and FreeBSD search terms.

Suggestions and hits differ when comparing Startpage and Google.

If I type "lens co" the second suggestion shown by Google is "lens
correction", Startpage doesn't offer "lens correction" at all.

Suggestions are important for those who don't know the correct term,
for individuals with dyslexia, not being familiar with a foreign
language and so on.

If I type "fo pa" Google offers "fopaux" which leads to "faux pas".
Startpage offers "fo pang" which leads to nothing useful. For
Startpage it at least is required to type "fopa" without the space, to
get a pointer to "faux pas".