Date:      Sat, 30 Sep 1995 22:02:13 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Gene Stark <gene@starkhome.cs.sunysb.edu>
Cc:        rah.star-gate.com!hasty@sbstark.cs.sunysb.edu, freebsd.org!hackers@sbstark.cs.sunysb.edu, star-gate.com!multimedia@sbstark.cs.sunysb.edu
Subject:   Re: Problems with VAT and Sound Code

>>> Gene Stark said:
 > >Have you considered using vmix with vat?
 >
 > For what purpose? (Please elaborate...)

For the purpose of using vat:

vat -u /tmp/vatsock
vmix

vmix communicates with vat via its socket interface for playing and
recording.

Here is a section of Jim Lowe's posting:
ersion 3 of the sound code is now in 2.1-stable and 2.2-current.  I also put
together the sound code and some other tid bits into a tar file.  Both the
sound
tar file and vmix.0.3 are available from: ftp://ftp.cs.uwm.edu/pub/FreeBSD/
The sound code package is in sound.v30.9-19-95.tar.gz.  Vmix is in the
file vmix.0.3.tar.gz. If you need tk/tcl, check 2.0.5-RELEASE/packages/All.

If you have any further questions, subscribe to the multimedia mailing
list:

mail majordomo@star-gate.com

subscribe multimedia

	Amancio