Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:33:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Veronica Brainfluff <danimariepies@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   More info...related to problem with running XWindows

I was not very specific on my problem, earlier.  Let's
see if this helps! :)

- FreeBSD-version: 5.1
 - brand and type/chipset of your video-card: ATI
 Technlogies, Mach64; 3D RagePro (atir), memory 8mb.
 - what kind of monitor: COMPAQ CV515, 15in.  Can do
up to 1024x768.
 - which setup-program did you try: I reinstalled
 FreeBSD after I sent the message, and I found that I
 did not completely configure the X server.  I thought
 it would have solved the problem but this is what I
 got:
 (EE) No devices detected.
 Fatal server error:
 no screens found.

 I ran the xf86config -textmode.

 About...3 years ago I ran Caldera OpenLinux on my
 system with KDE and I was able to get it to work
 successfully.

Thanks to those who've responded already! (especially
albi for suggesting to respond with more info :P)