Date:      Sun, 09 Jan 2000 06:16:30 -0500
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ESS 1868 and DSP_BUFFSIZE

It looks like the ESS 1868 is working OK now with the DSP_BUFFSIZE set
to 8192.  Before, it wouldn't work unless I set this value to (65536 -
256), which was the original value, I believe.  So, why does the ESS
work OK now with a buffer size of 8192?  And how is this buffersize an
advantage over (65536 - 256)?

Everything seems to be working great for the ESS 1868 now, but I was
just wondering...

- Donn