Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:53:27 +0100 (CET)
From:      Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.gmd.de>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hea and hfa drivers do not compile...

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0010301522010.92183-100000@beagle.fokus.gmd.de>, Hart
> i Brandt writes:
> >
> >... in CURRENT from 30.10. phk has removed unnecessary #defines, among
> >them <sys/systm.h> which is definitely needed in both drivers. Adding the
> ># include <sys/systm.h> fixes the problem.
> >
> >netatm/atm{aal5,cm,device,subr} compile, but the kernel doesn't link -
> >they need the include also.
>
> You are confusing my changes with the current acpi related breakage.
>
> strip these lines out of NOTES:
>
> 	device         acpi
> 	options        ACPI_DEBUG
> 	options        AML_DEBUG
>
> And the LINT kernel links just fine.

Probably not. I have no acpi configured in my kernel. cvs log on eni.c
says:

Remove 86 unneeded #includes

on revision 1.15

A cvs diff shows, that with this change #include <sys/systm.h> is gone
which defines things like DELAY, bcopy, ... If I add the include
everything compiles fine.

harti

harti brandt, http://www.fokus.gmd.de/research/cc/cats/employees/hartmut.brandt/private
              brandt@fokus.gmd.de, harti@begemot.org, lhbrandt@mail.ru