Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2014 21:56:13 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Louis Epstein <le@main.put.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Cairo Problems

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 11:05 PM, Louis Epstein <le@main.put.com> wrote:

> I should add that after the libGL reinstall I still get AIGLX and GLX
> errors looking for a missing /usr/local/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so when there
> is no /usr/local/lib/dri (again,what program would install it?) and GLX
> "could not load software renderer".

You are not running WITH_NEW_XORG (no make.conf), so you are running a much
older version of glib than I am. This may be related to the issues you are
seeing. /usr/local/lib/dri files come from graphics/dri. swrast is the
software rasterization "dri" which implies that you don't have any hardware
rasterization capability.

What graphics hardware is this running on? Run "pciconf -lv" and find the
item(s) in "class = DISPLAY". Can you look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log and see
what driver is actually being used? I suspect you may need either the
nvidia driver or NEW_XORG, but I am not at all sure.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com