Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2002 17:13:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Edmond Nolan <edmond_nolan@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't mount CDROM

Hi All,

well, well, FreeBSD is a challenge - that's for sure : )

2+ years of messing around with Linux has helped me *some*, but
I still can't mount my CDROM, not as /cdrom or as /dev/can't_remember_the_device_name
I get this error message:

cd9660 device not configured.

The strange thing is I can boot and install FreeBSD from the CD, but
once the system's up - no chance of mounting it. Which is a pity coz
it means I can't use /stand/sysinstall : (

I had a look at my /etc/fstab, it looks ok to me, i.e. it fits with the
stuff in the "The Complete FreeBSD" book.

Do I need to do something special to get it going? Build a kernel or
something?

Regards

Eddie

=====