Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 14:43:14 -0500
From:      "Eric F Crist" <ecrist@adtechintegrated.com>
To:        "'Alex Michlin'" <alex@delete.org>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Disable Login

What kind of a bug in login are you seeing?  If you completely disable
the login utility, you would not be able to logon locally, which could
make an upgrade difficult.  If you simply want to disable logon for
specific users, simply set their shell to /etc/nologin or some other
non-existent file/shell.

HTH

Eric F Crist
President/Sys Admin