Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 13:05:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>
To:        Bill Paul <wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Bryan Liesner <bleez@bellatlantic.net>, grog@lemis.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RX problems with Macronix ethernet cards

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Bill Paul wrote:

>Ok, based in the info I've received, I've generated a patch for if_dc.c
>and if_dcreg.h, which I'm including with this e-mail. It should work on
>both -current and -stable, possibly with a little noise on -stable.
>I added flags to select the hash table width and a check for the
>MX98715AEC-C and later chip revs. Please test this patch and let me know
>how it works (or fails to work, as the case may be).

The patch applied cleanly for me and seems to be working OK.  Not only
does dc1 stay up, RX performance has increased dramatically.  Sending,
say, a 2meg file from my machine happened in the blink of an
eye.  Receiving the same file there was a very noticeable (huge) drop
in performance.

All fixed - thank you.