Date:      Fri, 06 Nov 2009 15:38:48 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Sven Hazejager <sven@hazejager.nl>, freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem booting nanoBSD 7.2-p4 on Alix

At 03:00 PM 11/6/2009, Sven Hazejager wrote:
>All,
>
>I'm having some challenging issues booting nanoBSD 7.2-p4 on CF on an
>Alix serial-only system. Symptom: I'm seeing boot0sio fine, I can get
>into the loader etc. boot after typing "boot" or letting it timeout, I
>see "Booting [/boot/kernel/kernel]..." and I get one "/" character on
>the next line but then everything stops.

Hi,
         For my Alix boxes I use

NANO_BOOT0CFG="-o nopacket -s 1 -m 3 -t 36"

For my kernel, I generally get rid of

options         ATA_STATIC_ID   # Static device numbering

to avoid issues of ad0 vs ad1 as it seems to vary from CF to CF
manufacturer.  Otherwise I have to fiddle with
NANO_DRIVE=ad0

         ---Mike