Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2012 18:39:16 +0200
From:      Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        doceng@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org, www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [CALL FOR REVIEW] doc and www converted to XML

Em 30-08-2012 17:52, Hiroki Sato escreveu:
> Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org> wrote in
> <503E7E70.2050504@FreeBSD.org>:
>
> ga> Em 29-08-2012 15:10, Hiroki Sato escreveu: ga> > 1. Convert ids
> to upper-case and use them.  No compatibility ga> > problem. ga> >
> ga> > 2. Use lower-case ids.  Links from pages outside of ga> >
> www.FreeBSD.org may be broken. ga> > ga> > 3. Convert the existing
> ids to upper-case but use lower case for ga> > newly-added ones.
> It works but not consistent. ga> ga> 4. Use some kind of
> redirection at the HTTP level.
>
> Let's forget about HTTP level solution.  On the mirror servers it
> does not work.

I think it is much less probable that someone links to a mirror that's
why I ignored this factor.

> One compromise solution would be adding an additional anchor with
> upper-case ids just after the normal (lower-case) one by XSLT only
> for HTML output.  It is relatively easy and should not be harmful.
> How about this?

I've also thought of this and this also looks as a good compromise. We
should do it for chapter and sectX, right? Or is there something else?
Before, we agreed that the XML migration should be done in various
steps but then it means there will be a short interim period until we
get it right with XSLT. Do you think it is acceptable?

Gabor