Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 1998 11:10:17 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCO again

In the last episode (Dec 28), Peter Dufault said:
> Now that I'm actually subscribed to the emulation mailing list,
> assuming there was any response to my last posting, would someone who
> had the last word summarize off the list?  I don't want to wait
> around until things hits the archives.

http://www.egroups.com/list/freebsd-emulation is usually within a few
hours of being up-to-date.

Anyway, the convention for the freebsd lists is to CC the poster, so
you would have gotten any responses directly emailed to you.

> (The (clarified) question is which SCO CDROM is appropriate for the
> BMW parts catalog in order to have the correct libraries to run under
> the SCO emulator.  I posted the ktrace results)

I think the ibcs2 emulation in the kernel was written before OpenServer 5
(and its ELF binary format) was released, so you might have better luck
with the "sc3" coff-format binaries.  It looks like you might have to
copy the X11 shlibs from your SCO box though (sco coff shlibs end in _s).

I wonder if you need an ibcs2_kdump, since the kdump output for the sc5
binary doesn't make sense.  There isn't even a setlogin manpage on my
SCO 5.0.4 box, and setlogin can only be called as root anyway.

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com