Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 2008 00:49:44 +0200
From:      Martin <nakal@web.de>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Michael C Voorhis <mvoorhis@cs.wpi.edu>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lenovo Thinkpad t61p and FreeBSD?

Am Tue, 3 Jun 2008 21:39:40 +0200
schrieb Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>:

> I see some lockups from time to time that I can't even get into DDB,
> but its very rare.

Just in case you have 2 different DIMMs in your Thinkpad (even they have
same so called "FRU"), try to remove one of them. My T60p got more
stable.

I could reproduce a full freeze on every platform including MS-Windows,
when putting a Thinkpad under high load. Easy with compiling 4 openssl
distributions concurrently, in my case.

You should accept only exactly the same DIMMs in a T60p Thinkpad. And
you should stress this when talking on the hotline or they send you
DIMMs with equal FRU number.

--
Martin