Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 10:16:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      lamaster@george.arc.nasa.gov
To:        adrian@creative.net.au, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Damn spam(tm)

> This sucks.
> I post to the freebsd-isp list from my main emai laccount.. this is the first
> bit of spam I've ever had from it.

Really?  You are very lucky.

Anyway, no need to quote the entire thing over again.  Logic dictates that
unless everyone quotes only a portion, the series will diverge.  The mail
headers are quite sufficient to deal with.

The first thing that occurs to me is that you should forward your complaint
not to the mailing list, which has apparently been abused by an unscrupulous
person who is probably reading your message and this one as well, but instead,
to spam-complaint@UU.NET, since it appears to be via one of UU.NET's front-end
systems, and to the folks at public.uni-hamburg.de, which seem to allow
third-party mail relays.  Hopefully, as a result of this, the (UU.NET,
although it is probably one of their customer ISP's) customer will have
their account terminated if that is where it originated, (that part could
be forged anyway) and, public.uni-hamburg.de will disallow mail relays
from outside their network.

> e (AIX 4.1/UCB 5.64/4.03)
>           id AA07254; Wed, 18 Feb 1998 10:39:44 +0100
> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 01:49:53 PST
> From: 1056_@public.uni-hamburg.de
> Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 01:49:53 PST
> Subject: HOW YOU CAN INVESTIGATE ANYONE ON THE INTERNET!
> Apparently-To: <tzsg@bewellnet.com>
:
:

-Hugh LaMaster

  Hugh LaMaster, M/S 258-5,     ASCII Email:  hlamaster@mail.arc.nasa.gov
  NASA Ames Research Center     Or:           lamaster@nas.nasa.gov
  Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000  No Junkmail:  USC 18 section 2701
  Phone:  415/604-1056          Disclaimer:   Unofficial, personal *opinion*.