Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 00:27:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP discussion moving to freebsd-smp

>     I definitely remember it being brought up... I forget who brought
>     the point out but I'm sure it was one of the alpha guys.  My impression
>     was that someone on the Alpha team would pick up the ball.

I offered you an alpha last week, remember?

Actually, I originally wrote the mail I wrote to try and find out what was
needing doing with alpha and try and find out what the plans were so I could
schedule time for it.

>     There is no way I have time to do Alpha assembly, even if I had
>     experience with it (which I don't).  I'm already taking a chunk out of
>     work just to do the i386 code.  One of the alpha guys is going to have
>     to do that piece of it.

Wish you'd said this paragraph first instead of "alpha's gonna break".

Doug, I or Andrew can and will pick up the work and fix the alpha. That is, we
all have alphas, interest in SMP, and so on. Doug will possibly get to it
first. I'm gone from the effort now, but if it's broken next month, I'm sure
I'll get back to it. I first have to untangle the config hint breakage for
Alpha 8200s.