Date:      Wed, 03 Feb 1999 13:36:58 -0800
From:      Richard Johnson <raj@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Star Office 5.0 under FreeBSD 3.0?

I have been running previous versions of FreeBSD for many years now
and have been able to run Linux programs such as acroread just fine,
however when I downloaded Star Office 5.0 (a full set of office
automation utilities which runs under Linux), I can't run the program
itself or the installation program ("setup").  I get:

	ELF binary type not known
	Abort

I'm wondering if I would have better luck running this under FreeBSD
3.0?  I hate to spend the time right now to upgrade only to find that
it doesn't help.

Please respond to me directly because I'm not on this mailing list.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

/raj