Date:      Tue, 08 Oct 2002 19:57:55 +0800
From:      Nick Kraal <nick@arc.net.my>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cvsup/sshd/openssl

I am trying to upgrade my ssh deamon to the latest version 'openssh-3.4_4'
which has dependencies on 'openssl-0.9.6g'. Have updated my ports collection
via cvsup. However I notice that the openssl/sshd used are still the old
versions:

/usr/local/bin/openssl >new version installed via cvsup
/usr/local/openssl >old version installed via CD-ROM *used*

/usr/local/sbin/sshd >new version installed via cvsup
/usr/sbin/sshd >old version installed via CD-ROM *used*

Tried this with pkg_add with the same result. Is it as simple as copying the
new version binary into the 'right' directory? Or is there a more elegant
method for this? Or should I have just complied the source myself with
'--prefix=/usr/local/openssl' and '--prefix=/usr/sbin/sshd' - kind of
defeats the purpose of the ports colloection then. Worked fine with apache.

Thanks in advance

-nick/