Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 09:44:40 -0800
From:      Vincent Janelle <random@carnagecopia.com>
To:        Kenneth Culver <culverk@alpha.yumyumyum.org>
Cc:        hlwatts@hiwaay.net, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SGI Visual Workstation 330

--=.6x25ZQEsbuxugO

This motherboard is not technically an IBM compatible PC, its more along the
lines of an SGI workstation powered by intel processors.  NT has to use a custom
HAL to support it under windows, and linux has special support for it.

Your best bet will probably be linux.

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:43:18 -0500 (EST)
Kenneth Culver <culverk@alpha.yumyumyum.org> wrote:

> > I have a SGI M25D motherboard taken from a discontinued Visual Workstation
> > 330.
> > Does FreeBSD support SMP on this motherboard?
> > I  was looking for your HTML / FTP archive to no avail so I e-mailed the
> > link.
> > Hope that was right.
> >
> I don't even think FreeBSD supports running at all on this motherboard...
>
> Ken

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-smp" in the body of the message

--=.6x25ZQEsbuxugO

--=.6x25ZQEsbuxugO--