Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:49:03 +1300
From:      "Brett Davidson" <brett@net24.co.nz>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Are there ways of limiting user resources when a user process is run via suexec, rathern than via logon?

Obviously I could use the features in logon.conf to partially restrict
user activitity if users actually logged on.
Instead, the app concerned runs under suexec where (as I understand
things) logon, per se, is not involved.
=20
Is there anything in FreeBSD equivalent to Solaris Resouce Manager? ie.
a different share-weighted scheduler for instance?
=20
What I want is that all processes running under either a particular uid
range or a particular gid range could be restricted to a certain amount
of CPU and/or memory. Other systems (such as the Solaris product
mentioned above) do this by implementing a different scheduler that
weights allowed activity according to a set number of "shares" that that
user's "Resource group" have had allocated to them.
=20
Cheers,
Brett.
=20