Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:33:04 -0800
From:      Vlad Skvortsov <vss@73rus.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   recommended cheap PCI SATA (eSATA) cards

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap (<$100) PCI SATA card for external backups on
FreeBSD 6-STABLE.

Because of the purpose:
 * the card doesn't have to be top-performing (though SATA300 is desirable);
 * no RAID is needed;
 * 1 port is enough;
 * eSATA jack is nice to have.

(if the card has better features than listed here, but is still under
$100, that's good too :-))

I have already asked around[1], but the cards people have mentioned have
both good and back feedback in the mail archives. It's not clear if the
issues people mention have been fixed or not (or that was related to
something else altogether).

So I'd appreciate if people share their positive experiences. Thanks!

[1]: http://www.nabble.com/Promise-SATA300-TX4302-feedback--td21246878.html

--
Vlad Skvortsov, vss@73rus.com, http://vss.73rus.com