Date:      Fri, 1 Jul 2016 01:36:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      kgshail <kgshail@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   /dev/dri/card0 gives ENOTTY error

Hi;
  I have written a driver based on DRM and created equivalent .ko file. The
file I insmod are drm.ko, drm_kms_helper.ko and mydrm.ko. It calls my probe
function and loads mydrm.ko, and also creates card0 in /dev folder.

In user space I call the function ret = drmAvailable(). The result is as
follows: It seems it calls preclose because drmAvailable calls close(fd)
before exiting. drmAvailable also send the Version IOCTL to DRM. In My case
it returns the error number of 0x19 = 25, which corresponds to ENOTTY.
Please suggest me how to remove this error and make the ioctls successful.

drmOpenDevice:  buf = /dev/dri/card0
--drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
drmOpenDevice will return now with fd = 0x5
drmAvailable - before calling drmGetVersion

API: drmGetVersion  DRM_IOCTL_VERSION = 0xc0246400
drmIoctl fd = 0x5 request = 0xc0246400  errno = 0x19

Thanks and Regards
Shailendra