Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:29:36 +0800
From:      "kai ouyang" <oykai@msn.com>
To:        Current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        phk@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About gbde questions

Hi Everybody,

Poul-Henning Kamp write:
>Right.  By "cold disk" we mean that the pass-phrase and key-material
>is not available.  A laptop which is only suspended does _not_ meet
>this criteria.
Thank you.
>Yes, you want to newfs and mount /dev/da0s1f.bde
>I think the "-l" is a mistake in the usage, it should be "-L".
you mean that I must newfs /dev/da0s1f again, but it is my '/var'
partition.
And I do not find the '/dev/da0s1f.bde' in the '/dev/'. In DEVFS model, I
do not know how to create a new device name in '/dev/'. And what is the
'da0s1f.bde'?
I have some puzzles about 'newfs', 'gbde' should protect the whole disk. I
do not know the relationship of the 'gbde' and the partition.

Best Regards
  Ouyang Kai