Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 2020 01:04:32 -0700
From:      Donald Wilde <dwilde1@gmail.com>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: incorrect installation

> 21.05.2020 8:23, Donald Wilde wrote:
> > The installation -- whole disk, AUTO, GPT, all options selected --

Thank you, Eugene --

> > > It seems your BIOS does not boot OS from GPT normally.
> > > Try using MBR partitioning instead with Legacy mode.

Yes, that did work. It likes the MBR partitioning and Legacy mode.
Nothing I have done with GPT has worked. I'm currently sitting on
12-STABLE on MBR.

> > > And/or apply BIOS/UEFI firmware updates, if any.

That's a very good thought. The GPT may not have existed when this
laptop was hatched from the primal egg. >8^O

I scraped Doze off this system as soon as I got it and it's been
running Ubuntu until now.

I switched this query to freebsd-questions a while back and I've
gotten good help on that thread. Very sorry that you see this one
which has been orphaned, but thank you for taking your time to give me
assistance!!! :)

> > > You could also try 11.4-RC2 image as it contains come compatibility fixes...

At this point, I need to get into "use the system for real work" mode
so other things are more pressing than redoing it yet again. It's
being used as a mule to re-acquaint myself with FreeBSD and as a
demonstration system for Yet Another Social Network project for a
client. When he gets his money situation squared away to deploy at
scale, FreeBSD will probably have a 14-STABLE branch. Time does march
on, and thank you for your work with the FreeBSD Project to make that
so! :D
--
Don Wilde
* What is the Internet of Things but a system *