Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 2000 20:17:46 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Radius and Accounting

Hello,
May I please present 2 questions.

1. I use RADIUS authentication and I am increasing the POPs. Now suppose I
have POP-a, POP-b upto POP-n. I want clients registered at the different
POPs to be able to login at any other POP using their username and
password. A client from POP-a visits the area where I have POP-b and s/he
should simply change the number to dial and everything should work.
What my question is: Other than Proxy radius, is there any other safer way
of ensuring the user can authenticate at all POPs without hassles?
I am thinking of something like a db file that stores the authentication
details (/etc/raddb/users + /etc/passwd) and this is synchronized between
all the POPs in say, hourly intervals, maybe by rdist or something..I just
have a vague idea ;-)

2. Second question. I would like to be able to get the totals of all the
bytes transferred (sent and received) by a client, daily totals as well as
monthly totals. I am not any good in scripting but I have a feeling there is
some script somewhere, maybe from Lucent or someone, than I can use to do this.
I know this data can be found in the detail files...only how do I process
it... I just need a pointer.

Thanks

--
Odhiambo Washington
Systems Administrator

For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.