Date:      Fri, 4 Sep 1998 08:51:39 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de (Joachim Kuebart)
Cc:        dfr@nlsystems.com, joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ldd won't find a lib a second time

Joachim Kuebart wrote:
> The trouble is many ports are not yet ELF prepared in regard to
> their rpath. I sent a few patches to -ports (qt, kdelibs) and I
> have a few more locally.

The changes to the design of the ports build system are still under
discussion. Please wait for that work to be completed before rushing
to modify ports. The system needs to be _designed_, not hacked.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137