Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 2004 21:37:08 +0300
From:      "Toomas Aas" <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
To:        murcielako@yahoo.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: does java needs linux base?

> From:          Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>

> You need a linux jdk tp build the native one.

... but once the native JDK is installed, you can remove the Linux
version.

> > can I remove it??? completely?? and how by the way
> > I mean all the linux_base and itss dependencies

If nothing but the Linux JDK was using the Linux emulator, then you can
remove it. Use pkg_info | grep linux to find out which Linux emulator
packages are installed and pkg_delete to remove them. To make sure
nothing is using the linux_base package, use pkg_info -R.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* Boy, that lightning came a little clo-********!!*******NO CARRIER