Date:      Mon, 9 Jan 1995 23:02:36 GMT
From:      Travis L Priest <T.L.Priest@larc.nasa.gov>
To:        Branson Matheson <branson@dvals1.larc.nasa.gov>
Cc:        gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU
Subject:   rawrite bug

It appears there is a problem with rawrite and the FreeBSD boot
images.  I can boot from a FreeBSD disk made with dd on a Sun
Sparcstation (like the one's we made earlier today), and I can boot
Linux from a floppy made with either rawrite-1.2, rawrite-1.3, or dd
on a Sun.  However, I can not boot FreeBSD from a floppy made with
rawrite-1.2 (from Sunsite) or from rawrite-1.3 (from the FreeBSD-2.0
cdrom).

On boot, the SCSI drivers probe the bus and recognize my disk and
cdrom, the bios successfully loads, and the A drive is accessed
momentarily.  Then, MS-DOS starts from the C drive.  No complaint
about non-system disk.

Obvious questions I can answer: disk media is good, is formatted, is
of the correct type, and source files are of the correct size with
matching checksums.

I will be of very little help to Justin unless we can get this
resolved since I would only be able to make boot disks at work. :-(

Travis