Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2001 06:30:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Martin Nilsson <martin@svenskabutiker.se>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/26048: 4.3-RC:  SMP and asr driver don't work together

The following reply was made to PR kern/26048; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Martin Nilsson <martin@svenskabutiker.se>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, martin@svenskabutiker.se
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:29:23 +0100

 The problem is still present on yesterdays 4.4-STABLE and this Intel PR440FX
 motherboard.

 I changed the MB for a Tyan TitanPRO (S1668) and the machine now boots and
 works OK with a SMP kernel. I have another ASR3200 in a dual P3 computer that
 also works well.

 Since this problem seems to be so dependant on a specific 5-year old motherboard
 and there have been no followups in 6 months I think there is no use trying to
 find out exactly what is wrong and instead close this PR.