Date:      Mon, 1 Apr 2013 09:35:33 -0400
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        "Sam Fourman Jr." <sfourman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: the Newcons Project

> I would VERY much be able to have a console that looked like this in FreeBSD
>
> http://wiki.gentoo.org/images/7/7c/Bootsplash.png

> could someone with more understanding of this, be able to tell me if the
> Newcons project (when completed) is even going to do what i'm looking for?

I'm not really sure what you're looking for, but I suspect newcons is
orthogonal to it.  Newcons won't change what is displayed, only how it
is done; the primary user-facing advantages are Unicode support and
better use of graphics modes.  There are also some (very important)
lower level infrastructural changes.

-Ed