Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 1998 09:27:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "John T. Farmer" <jfarmer@goldsword.com>
To:        andrew@pubnix.net, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, jeff-ml@mountin.net
Cc:        jfarmer@goldsword.com
Subject:   Re: Looking for...

>From owner-freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG Thu Oct  1 22:43:56 1998

On Thu, 01 Oct 1998 21:31:53 -0500 "Jeffrey J. Mountin" said:
>At 09:50 PM 10/1/98 -0400, Andrew Webster wrote:
>>I'm looking for an ISDN dual channel type modem that would either have
>>	- 2 Serial ports or 1 ethernet jack
>>	- Receive V.34 / V.90 or ISDN calls on either one or both channels
>>
>>The USRobotics I-Modem only has 1 serial port, so it's kinda useless.
>>
>>I guess the nearest equivalent would be a 2 port Livingston PM-3.
>
>A 2 piece ensamble consisting of OR-U-AP and a V.90 modem, but only one channel would take analog.  Does close count?
>
>One has to wonder why you want such an odd creature.

The typical use of such a beast would be in a small office to allow 1 or
2 people to dial into the office network.  I've also looked for such
a creature for use in specialized networks such as remote access to
plant control systems.

In both of these examples, there were compelling reasons to _not_
connect the lan to the Internet or use a VPN through the Internet.

John	<Solving odd problems today... Hmmm sounds like a new company slogan.>