Date:      Mon, 2 May 2016 15:22:02 +0000
From:      Holger Kipp <Holger.Kipp@alogis.com>
To:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   WARNING ioctl sign-extension  ioctl FFFFFFFF8004667e / CommVault

Dear all,

on a quite fresh vanilla (read: GENERIC)

FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE-p14 (amd64)=20

I get many CommVault-related warnings  (ioctl sign-extension ioctl) similar=
 to those discussed for ages related to Python (June 2010 and before).

This only happens on amd64, not on the previously used i386 system, so migh=
t be 32/64bit related.

It seems this is because IOC_IN is defined as 0x80000000 (integer) in /usr/=
include/sys/ioccom.h so could it be an internal handling problem instead of=
 calling ioctl with a wrong int/unsigned int from external program?

I only see these warnings in /var/log/messages with ffffffff8004667e but th=
at might be unrelated.

I'like to get rid of these warnings (preferably with the generic kernel).

Any ideas? - I'm not a C programmer so can't really dig into this :-(

Many thanks and best regards,
Holger =