Date:      Fri, 18 Sep 2009 15:44:57 +0300
From:      "Reko Turja" <reko.turja@liukuma.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: reporter on deadline seeks comment about reported security bug in FreeBSD

> http://www.vimeo.com/6580991
>
> The article says that "Versions 7.1 and and beyond are not=20
> vulnerable." That video contradicts that.

As someone who has manipulated moving picture for fun and profit,=20
having a video of something is a proof of nothing. For all what it's=20
worth the OS in video might be FreeBSD - or even loonix made to look=20
like FreeBSD, made vulnerable on purpose of tarring the project.

Until the security team gives their official response and patches, I=20
read the entire story with a grain of salt, especially as the=20
originator was so keen on getting his discovery into news websites...

If the discovery is real, the patch will come when it will come, until=20
then the publicity is just negligible buzz.

-Reko=20