Date:      Mon, 12 May 2003 14:52:09 +0200 (CEST)
From:      thehidden@ztinkyfingaz.dk
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   FW: Re: HDD disappiered

My mainboard is a Soyo 5ema+ and i downloaded the 5empvca2.bin from http://www.soyousa.com/downloads/selectresults.php?language=&col1=Motherboard&col2=33&col3=BIOS+Upgrade ... I don\'t know if I can update with the rest, but I know for sure that the BIOS before AND after couldn\'t find the hdd... Could it be because of a missing mounting point???

thehidden

----- Forwarded message from CARTER Anthony <a.carter@cordis.lu>  -----

Why did you flash your BIOS?  FreeBSD won\'t have caused this, but I reckon
that the flash did...Did you make a backup of your EEPROM before flashing the
new one? If so, reflash with your old one and see if HD comes back. Then
check for a new BIOS (if a prob with BIOS, it would probably have already
been updated). Also, your BIOS download might have got corrupted...so try
downloading a fresh copy before trying to flash to new bios again...

Anthony