Date:      Mon, 03 Apr 2000 01:48:41 -0400
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recent commits to /sys/dev/sound/isa/ess.c

I tried this, and the buffer size of 16k doesn't work too well with
the ESS 1868 isa.  The fist .3 seconds or so of the beginning of the
clip plays in an infinite loop.  I bumped down the buffer size to 12k,
and it seems to work pretty well.  Actually, I tried experimenting
with various buffer sizes, and anything from 4k to 12k seems to work,
and the ranges 8k to 12k seem to work best.  I think 12k is the best
from what I've heard, but I'm not sure.

Also, timidity is broken (ESS 1868) with the lastest revisions to
pcm.  pcm is a little flakier than it used to be, but not by much.

- Donn