Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 14:46:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
Cc:        FreeBSD-STABLE <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Upcoming 4.1 release

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Matt Heckaman wrote:

> Are there plans to MFC OpenSSL 0.9.5a before 4.1 goes -RELEASE (if it's
> not already in a code freeze.) ? I think this would be something to aim
> for if possible. Kris mentioned it but there was something holding him
> back, I do not quite recall what at the moment though.

I don't intend to do this yet. Two people reported problems with 0.9.5a
which I never got to the bottom of (nor managed to repeat myself) which
make me nervous about merging.

> While I'm here, silly question: Is there a simple way to rebuild bind
> without doing a make world? I was hoping that a simple cvs co of
> contrib/bind and a make in $SRC/contrib/bind would do the trick, but I
> quickly learned that doesn't work at all. :)

contrib/ is never built from - it contains parts of the raw
vendor-distributed source archives. You have to 'make' in the relevant
other directories (but see my previous message to -stable about this)

Kris