Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 2020 09:43:33 +0100
From:      <driesm.michiels@gmail.com>
To:        <jceel@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Virtio-9P permissions

Hi Jceel, Virtualization,

I'm trying our the recently landed patch of 9P bhyve support I was wondering
if this is still accurate:

"As for now, virtio-9p doesn't work in capability mode (bhyve has to be
built with WITHOUT_CAPSICUM defined)."

I can mount the filesystems just fine though even with building in CAPSICUM.

Reason I ask is that I struggle with group permissions in the guest, I'm
trying to pass my media libraries through in a linux VM to run Jellyfin.

I have mapped the group of the files to the "media" group which contains the
"jellyfin" user. UID/GID match on both the host and guest.

When trying in the Linux guest "sudo -u jellyfin ls -la" I get "ls: cannot
open directory '.': Operation not permitted".

As root I can do everything just fine, problem is that jellyfin runs as the
jellyfin user, so I need to get it read/execute for that user.

Thanks in advance!