Date:      Sat, 3 Dec 2011 21:01:34 -0200
From:      "Nenhum_de_Nos" <matheus@eternamente.info>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sil3124 + Sil4726 PortMultipier and FreeBSD9

hail,

I've heard great things about sil3124 and FreeBSD 8+ (saw mav@ talking in lists and forum). But
I'm planning a home server, I already have an Atom board from Intel (old Atom 330), Soekris
6501-70 and Sil3124 PCI. I saw that both ICH7 and NM10 can't deal with port multipliers, so my
focus is on the Sil3124 now. I heard from internet that Sil4726+SIl3124 got random resets,
although that was some time ago and on linux lists.

So as I'm about to buy the Port Multiplier, and as I'll run FreeBSD 9 on it, anyone here have any
experiences on this regard and is willing to share ?

this is a small footprint server, I plan to have 6-8 disks and may become ZFS based.

I plan to buy this port multiplier http://www.addonics.com/products/ad5sahpm-ea.php

thanks,

matheus

--