Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 2001 20:46:04 +1100
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        Michael =?iso-8859-1?Q?Lyngb=F8l?= <michael@lyngbol.dk>
Cc:        J & C Frazier <admin@csocs.com>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with sendmail and NSI

Michael Lyngbøl wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 13, 2001 at 05:08:40PM -0700, J & C Frazier wrote:
> > I recently tried to make some domain modifications with Network
> > Solutions.
> > I complete the process successfully and it states it has sent the form
> > to the
> > e-mail address I've specified.  Unfortunately I don't get the mail.
>
> Your're not using ORBS (relays.orbs.org) in your sendmail configuration?
>
> I've had the same problem and found out that NSI was listen in ORBS.
>
> /Michael

Personally I would recommend against orbs, since they are a little too
pro-active when it comes to finding relays.. They will black list a server
and never send mail to the server informing them of it or anything...

Also what orbs consider to be an open relay is not exactly what everyone
else thinks one is, I wont go into any more details, but I think RBL is
a better service, my personal experience is that orbs ends up blocking more
legitimate mail than spam...

Just my 2c on orbs :)
Kal.