Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:09:02 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Mukti Arip <mukti@pasca.unpad.ac.id>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ppp daemon problem

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm setting up my FreeBSD box (at my office) to act as ppp server using
> user ppp (aka. iijppp). Now I can connect my computer (at home) to that
> FreeBSD box. But I have a little bit problem on my ppp server.
>
> Sometimes, ppp daemon at server side keep running, although the link has
> disconnected by the client. Hence, the client can't reconnect to the
> server until I stop that ppp daemon manually.
[.....]
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

If you're running the version of ppp that comes with FreeBSD-2.2.5,
it's a known problem (see the ERRATA.TXT file on www.FreeBSD.org).

You can either upgrade your version of FreeBSD (it was fixed before
2.2.6 was released) or you could upgrade your version of ppp via

  http://www.Awfulhak.org/ppp.html

If you upgrade ppp, make sure you glance through the README.changes
file.  You should probably re-browse the man page too as a lot of
things have changed (but not too much WRT your configuration).

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mukti A.

Cheers.
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;