Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:02:26 -0500 (CDT)
From:      hawkeyd@visi.com (D J Hawkey Jr)
To:        oleg@vsi.ru, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Merged security patches for 4.3-RELEASE

In article <1028636005.3d4fbd6600b65_webmail.vsi.ru@ns.sol.net>,
	oleg@vsi.ru writes:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a number of 4.0-RELEASE and 4.3-RELEASE systems, that cannot be upgraded
> for some reasons, but I want to keep them up-to-date (as far as possible) in
> security aspect. I have a number of security patches (almost all non-ports,
> released cince 4.0-RELEASE), merged (if necessary) with 4.0-RELEASE and
> 4.3-RELEASE source code here:
>
> ftp://ftp.vsi.ru/pub/FreeBSD/patches
>
> Does the FreeBSD community concerned with these "merged" and tested patches ?
> Since I forced to merge these (and all new) security patches to 4.0 and 4.3, I
> always can grant them to FreeBSD community.

I am interested in your patches, yes. Please leave them there for a week or
so, that I might pick them up. In the mean time, please visit
    http://www.visi.com/~hawkeyd/freebsd-backports.html
to see if my terms for releasing your patches agrees with your philosophy.

Note that I am not associated with The FreeBSD Project in any official
capacity. I'm just filling a hole [as I perceive it] as best I can in my own
little way.

Dave