Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 17:17:44 -0400
From:      Dave Ason <dgason@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing KDE?

Hi there,

    I would like to install KDE. I figured the easiest thing to do was
to download the "meta-port", kde-1.0, untar it and type "make" at the
dollar prompt. I did this and here's what happened:

bash-2.01$ make
>> No MD5 checksum file.
===>  Extracting for kde-1.0
===>  kde-1.0 depends on shared library: kdecore\.1\.0 - not found
===>  Verifying install for kdecore\.1\.0 in /usr/ports/x11/kdelibs
>> No directory for kdecore\.1\.0.  Skipping..
===>  Patching for kde-1.0
===>  Configuring for kde-1.0
bash-2.01$

    What gives? I have installed virtually every other port on my system
in this manner and have seldom had any problems. What is the trick to
installing KDE?

    Thanks in advance,
    Dave Ason
    dgason@mindspring.com