Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 15:16:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Hodges <rh@alpine.net>
To:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multi-homed - Load Balancing - No Single Point of Failure

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997, dennis wrote:

> >> If you're talking to ET, it IS up there, so perhaps we're on a different
> >> wavelength.
> >
> >I would love to read your product manuals and configuration guides.
> >(That is really what I am asking for.)  What are the URLs?
>
> Uh...try clicking on the "manuals" section. I forget what color it is.

D'oohh!  Ok, I see it.

> >If I knew your products were better than my other options, I would be
> >willing to pay more.  Since I do not know that, my "experimental"
> >budget is smaller.
>
> another personal problem....

It is not my problem.  Your manners are *FUCKING RUDE*.  Maybe that
is the problem.

> >> The price is *approproiate*.
> >
> >You have not demonstrated your products' full value (yet) TO ME...
>
> I can never convice you with words, and Im not giving one to you for free,
> so you're stuck with Ascend.

Your manual pages may have convinced me.  Your words tell me that
you are a rude son-of-a-bitch.

> >If the customer is not saying "yes", then you must educate your customer
> >until he understands why the product is worth what you are asking.

> If it works it is worth is, if it doesnt then it isnt worth anything. Like
> someone said,
> we've been over it many times before...the arguments are constant.

It doesn't make a damn bit of difference if it works or not until you
have convinced your customers that it works.

-Richard

Richard Hodges    |    (702) 888-3000
Alpine Internet   |   400 Fairview Drive
rh@alpine.net     |   Carson City, NV 89701
member, ISP/C